The Commercial Vehicle Cluster
Joining forces to take the lead
The aim of the Commercial Vehicle Cluster is to be at the very front in the commercial vehicle sector by networking with others.
The requirements for reaching the aspired top position in the international competition are favourable: The South West of Germany offers huge potential through technologies and the production of lorries, buses, agricultural and construction machinery as well as their components:
- Around a quarter of the national turnover in this sector is achieved in the south of Rhineland-Palatinate and the west of Baden-Wurttemberg. The proportion of employees here is equal in size in comparison with employment figures for this industry nationwide.
- Hundreds of businesses – manufacturers and suppliers of various sizes – and service providers, several universities, polytechnics and institutes for applied researches are successful in this region, many of them internationally.
There are good prospects for competent, internationally competitive
recruits in the Commercial Vehicle Sector. With great success the
interdisciplinary international Master's program "Commercial Vehicle
Technology" has been established in 2008 at the University of
By now 30 students have acquired their Master’s degree in this field.
About 80% of the graduate master students are from Asia, especially India. A great opportunity for European companies to recruit graduates with highly specialized engineering knowledge combined with in-depth knowledge of the Asian market.
Even before starting their degrees the master students usually have many years of work experience, often in European automotive companies located in Asia.
There is also an agreement between the Oregon State University and the TU Kaiserslautern which gives German students the opportunity to take a semester abroad in the Graduate Program CVT.
The Cluster specifically offers its partners:
- Participation in the CVC’s key projects, workshops and events dealing with current issues in the industry
- Integration into knowledge transfer and knowledge management of industry specialists
- Advance information on particularly innovative solutions
- Visibility at important trade shows and events
- Networking with decision-makers in the realms of business and research
- Solutions offered for current challenges in the industry
- Access to qualified young talent
- Opportunities for greater business success
- A newsletter that offers the possibility to publicize your own achievements and innovations
- Public relations activities
- International contacts